Monday, April 23, 2012

Day Three

This morning, James and his family traveled to Children's Hospital in a distant state. They need to test all of the children. It's unclear if the disease is hereditary, if one of his siblings may carry the same.

This morning, I opened the back door to let the dogs out and was met with a brisk cold wind.  It chilled me and I wanted to crawl back in bed and back into the warmth.  Today, I ached as I thought of all that is tugging on me, pulling at my attention, needing me at every moment.  And yet, in those quiet moments in the garden, Jesus saw me.  For every of the forty lashes he received, he saw me.  As he was mocked and beaten, and traveled with my cross to the end...he focused on the forgiveness of those around him. 

All my distractions that pull me away: pity, doubt, anger...keep me from recognizing my Lord. 

When I think of the disciples on the road to Emmaus, that they didn't recognize the one person who had changed their lives because they didn't think they would meet him there.  And when I think of the mess I've made of my life and the struggles that I have because of my bad choices all in the name of "finding my own path", I wouldn't think that I would find Him here.  

And so today, I pray the Sorrowful Mysteries and I ask for James. May he and his family recognize your presence and be comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment